Well, a lot has happened since I last updated everyone. For starters, I am in Saskatchewan. :) I am staying with my older brother Jon, his wife Erin, and their girls. Owen is simply loving life. He thinks his cousins are great. Dorey was insistant that Owen was "jacky boy" (another one of her cousins) for the first couple of days but now is running around saying "where's Owen?", "Hi Owen". Jennie is getting around these days, crawling and pulling herself up, she likes to touch Owen - I am sure she is thinking "is this light weight for real?" ;)
My coming here was not planned in advance which is very out of character for me. But I am having a blast! This past weekend we went to Regina. We saw Chris! Yay! He is doing great. Our reunion was a strange one as he was in uniform and when in uniform you can not show emotion. We couldnt hug, kiss, jump up and down... but, lets face it, Chris isnt that type anyway :) So after Chris found us he went back to his dorm to change and was marching off into the distance when all of the sudden he ran into his troop, spun on his heel and started marching back towards us. I thought he was in some sort of trouble but no, his troop wanted to meet us. AH! Those of you who know me know I am on the shy side until I get to know you or unless I am in a familiar environment. I was freaking out but managed to stay composed. So his troop formed 2 lines, did their thing and then I went through each line of people shaking each and every persons hand. Erin documented this and every other event so I will send around pictures. I can not post pictures online because Chris is in uniform. Anyhow, after he changed he gave us a tour of depot, not at all what I had imagined, the place is HUGE and the people are soooo friendly.
Chris was able to stay off "base" with us from Friday night to Sunday late afternoon. It was great to catch up. Chris was very happy to see that Owen remembered him. Most people have to work for a smile, but Chris just had to speak. Dorey who is 2 was also having a great time at depot. She kept saying "There's Daddy", "Daddy's hat", etc. (My bro, her dad, is an RCMP officer). But what took the cake for me was when we were at the store and Dorey saw a little ornament of an officer in a red serge that had fallen over and she pipes up "daddy fell down!" haha. She is so cute. She also warmed right up to Chris, she even asked him to snuggle :).
So we are back in Battleford and Chris plans to rent a car and come visit us again this weekend. I am already looking forward to it. Now when we go back to Nova on June 2, it wont seem as long until we see him again. He has a break around the end of July.
Monday, May 25, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment