Tuesday, April 28, 2009

23 weeks and 5 days left...

So, day 2 has come and gone. It is so odd that 2 days can feel like an eternity. 23 weeks and 5 days to go...

Chris woke up to snow this morning... ew! I am so glad I am not in Regina! Bridgewater broke a record today, 33 degrees! It was SOOOO hot! Apparently we usually dont see those temps until mid July. You cant tell I have been filling voids in my life with the weather network and news can you?

Anyhow, Chris seems to be settling in just fine. He is truely cut out for RCMP life. Those of you who know him know that he loves a challenge, always has. He is in a barracks with 27 other guys. He was at the end of the alphabet so he does not have a 'pit mate'. He isnt yet sure what that will mean for him. He is hoping that it wont mean he has to take care of the space beside his. I dont think he could handle making 2 beds! :) He recieved a lot of his gear today, and he is quite excited to use it. That will come soon enough. His fitness training has started but as far as everything else is concerned I think it remains fairly relaxed until next week. That said, they still have a sch'd they MUST follow, but they wont get yelled at if they mess up just yet.
I know he must be missing Owen and perhaps even me, but I am glad they keep him so busy. Atleast that will keep his mind off things for most of the day. The 3 hour time difference has been a challenge already. Hopefully things will settle down soon so we can have a chat routine. It is kinda hard being thrown into "singledom" when you are used to being a pair.

Chris has already run into some people he knows out there. I dont think I have ever gone anywhere with Chris where he hasnt known atleast 1 person. One of his old jitsu students, one of Zach's friends from Carleton, etc. Small world eh?

As for me, I am just trying to keep my sanity. Today was a rough day. I know Owen is only (almost) 5 months old but I really think he is missing his daddy. He was sooooo fussy today and he didnt sleep for more than 20 mins at a time last night. Oh well, tomorrow is another day. Can't wait to see what it will bring :)

No comments: